Thanks all for posting this fascinating story. I was about to
fascetiously ask if there were downloads, and there they are, nice to
hear them in all their glory.

My next thought was, so they went to all this trouble to bury records
for 100 years - did they KNOW that there would not be pristine copies
left for us by now?

Oh, and too bad the orchestra did not tune up very well, on this one
at least:
<http://expositions.bnf.fr/voix/ecoute/01.htm> Nice singing, lousy
orchestra (personal opinion only of course).

And pretty nice restoration!

<L>

Lou Judson  Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689