Seagate is good, but an audio recovery firm I know has dozens of bad
LaCie's that have required expensive recovery when they failed. Just
a word of warning. Maxtor is now owned by Seagate and they are made
in the same factory. Seagate has longer warranty, though.

Buy twice as many as you need, whatever it is and keep duplicates.
Some like to keep three sets, one offsite, for safety... Expect to
migrate the files to new drives periodically, as hard drives will not
last forever.

Digital material does not exist if not backed up, it is said.

<L>
Lou Judson  Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689