   Hi Steve, "Ironbut,"

   I'm  working my way down on the replies to the 1 inch 2 track ATR
posting I sent a day or two ago.

   I met Mike , Bette and Bill two years ago when I signed up for a
class on ATR 101. It was a 5 hour trip from Richmond ,Va. so I drove
up the night before. Everything went wrong. My F350  had a low tire
when I left the hotel to drive to ATR Services. I went the wrong way
on the interstate and drove to ATR on an almost flat tire. I was over
dressed and ,due to the excitement, my Mitchum  broke down. ---:-)

   I picked up my ATR 102 about a year ago and soon after one came up
on ebay. Legacy Studios in Manhattan. Pick up only , no shipping. I
was the only bidder at $2400. An ATR 104 with multiple head blocks,
power supplies and audio cards. It was purchased from Mike Spitz a
few  years earlier and never used as the Legacy tech knew  Studer
machines and not ATR's .

   The last ATR machine came available a month ago. An ATR 1-2 with
Aria electronics and an extra 1/4 inch head  block with 20 hours of
use. The devil made me buy it--

   The Precision Motor Works machine that mates the MR 70 electronics
to an ATR  is a beauty, I hope to hear one some day.

   I spoke with Momma Doc today about  the possibility of asking
Paul Stubblebine if he'd be willing to supply a transfer of a tape
project  issue on 1 inch tape. I hope to hear from him soon .

   If I had a choice of a 1 inch transfer it would be TP 05, 07 or
any of the full scale classical titles they offer.  Personally, I
don't see the value of spending  $$ on a transfer with a limited
number of instruments. Spend the $$ and listen to a musical works
that tax a playback system with dynamics that can only be replicated
with a full symphony  orchestra, my thoughts- I may be wrong.

   Steve, thanks for the reply from a TTP member, you put your money
where your mouth is.

   Ken Fritz