Wow! An offer I can't refuse. Address offlist.

I am proud to brag about the two KKHI techs who had to carry each
half of their 351-2 in to the hall, go back for the other half then
trips for our 1966 Youth Orhcesta radio recordings, as I walk in to
an orchestral recording with a 744T in a shoulder bag and the mics
and 15' mic stand in the other hand…

I think it is wonderful to use old nostalgic recording gear, but
personally don't find the sound superior, especially with the speed
drift from top to tail of the reel (with anything older than ATRs).
I'm nearly 60, yet embrace the best modern technology wholeheartedly!
Have those old Ampexes been retrofitted with consatant tension? I
like my Studer a lot…

Mind you, I produced over 150 audiobooks on ATR 102s, edited them on
440Cs, and have made as many as 3,000 edits with razor blade and #67
tape in a 3 hour voice program, and I don't miss that tech a bit.

Who's the high end dealer? Has he identified hmself as such? i
thought he was just an audioph(insert vowels)l. He LIKES those people
with more money than sense! I like good sound at a reasonable price,
as an independent audio engineer with more talent than budget.

I'll never hire a lummox, or a person with a gun, and when I can't
carry the gear I'll retire to my computer! (registered Concientious
Objector, 1972, and a California boy from the start…).

But we are all audio people, and I don't mean any of this as a
putdown. As I see it we are playing around while everyone else is at
the conference! ;-)

<L>
Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689