From: Susan Ketcham <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [eduCAT] Textbooks and Course Papers
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 11:38 PM

Hello All,
Now that the spring semester is over its time for me to review my course syllabus for the Knowledge Organization course I teach during the fall semester and I would like to ask your thoughts on these two questions:

1. Which textbook are you using? I have used The Organization of Information/ArleneTaylor (2nd ed.) and Essential Cataloguing/J H Bauman.
Like many of you my course is mix of cataloging in Dewey and LC,  metadata, FRBR, RDA ....

2. If you assign papers, what are the topics they can choose from? -- I like to give my students a few choices

Thanks in advance.
Sue

Susan Ketcham, Professor
Reference Services (former Cataloger)