At Simmons, for our introductory course we use the third edition of The Organization of Information (but my opinion on this matter is a bit biased). We, of course, supplement the textbook with various articles or chapters from the 10th edition of Introduction to Cat and Class.

I don't assign papers in the intro course, I have presentations (partnered). The topic change every term, but roughly half are on historical topics and half are on new trends, technologies, or anticipated changes.

Danny

--
Daniel N. Joudrey, PhD
Assistant Professor