Hi Everyone -

   I just wanted to send an e-mail to invite you and your staffs to the
   Department of the Interior Library on Wednesday, June 3rd from 10:00 am
   to noon for a free DOI Library Training Session, "Compiling a Federal
   Legislative History: A Step-by-Step Example"

   In order to find the legislative intent of a bill or public law,
   researchers need to compile reports, testimony, debate, and other
   materials related to that piece of legislation to find keys as to what
   Congress hoped to accomplish by passing this bill.  The final
   compilation of all these materials provides the researcher with a
   complete "legislative history" of the bill or law in question and
   hopefully will answer the question of what Congress intended with this
   legislation.

   Those interested in learning the process involved in compiling an
   official federal legislative history will find this program invaluable.
   A specific Public Law will be the focus of a step-by-step piecing
   together of a legislative history, using print resources such as the
   U.S. Statutes at Large, Congressional Record, and U.S. Congressional
   Serial Set. Online sources of federal legislative history information
   will also be highlighted. This program will be conducted by DOI Law
   Librarian Maureen Booth and Reference Librarian Shyamalika Ghoshal.

   All that are interested are invited.  The DOI Library is located in the
   Main Interior Building, located at 1849 C Street, NW, Room 1151 in
   Washington.  Space is limited so please contact the Library by phone at
   (202) 208-5815 or by e-mail at [log in to unmask] to let us know you will
   be coming.    For more information about future DOI Library Training
   Sessions, we encourage you to visit our Training Sessions website at
   http://library.doi.gov/programs/training/index.html .

   We hope to see you here on June 3rd!

   George Franchois
   Coordinator of Library Services