Dear FLICC Colleagues:

Attached and below is a letter from Dr. Edward B. Knipling,
Administrator of the USDA Agricultural Research Service announcing the
search and competitive recruitment for a new Director of the National
Agricultural Library.  The application period is June 8 through August
17, 2009.  Additional details are contained in the letter.

Maria G. Pisa

Associate Director for Public Services

National Agricultural Library

301-504-5834

May 2009

Dear Friends and Colleagues of the USDA National Agricultural Library:

I am writing to announce that the search and competitive recruitment
process for the new Director of the National Agricultural Library will
soon be underway. The application period is June 8 through August 17,
2009. To ensure that we attract a highly skilled and diverse pool of
applicants, I solicit your help in identifying highly qualified
candidates. We are seeking applicants that have executive training,
experience, and/or skills in library science, information technology or
management, publishing, and/or business administration. I ask that you
share this letter with your colleagues, partners, and stakeholders and
encourage everyone to email contact information of prospective
candidates to: [log in to unmask]

We are seeking an innovative and dynamic leader for this Senior
Executive Service appointment. The successful candidate will possess
excellent leadership and communication skills and a compelling vision
for strategic approaches to the development and operation of next
generation library and information systems and services. This
challenging and highly visible position, with national and international
responsibilities, requires a broad knowledge of issues in information
management, a passion for public service, and demonstrated skill in
fostering collaborations.

Applicants must meet required qualifications, as specified in the
vacancy announcements (ARS-SES:09-04 or ARS-SES:09-05), and address
specific executive core and technical qualifications. Applicants need
only respond to the vacancy announcement that best meets his/her
educational and experience background. Some citizenship restrictions
apply. Interested candidates should obtain the position announcement
from www.afm.ars.usda.gov/divisions/hrd/, beginning Monday, June 8,
2009.

For questions regarding qualifications and application procedures
contact Deborah Crump, Human Resources Assistant, at
[log in to unmask] or 301-504-1448. For information regarding
the NAL mission and programs, I refer you to the NAL website
(www.nal.usda.gov) or Ms. Maria Pisa one of NAL's Division Directors, at
[log in to unmask] or 301-504-5834. Applications must be received
by Monday, August 17, 2009.

Sincerely,

EDWARD B. KNIPLING /s/

Administrator, USDA Agricultural Research Service