The question has come up: what are the educational requirements and training differences for LPN's and registered nurse practitioners? We need an official source, not just descriptions off a website. I looked at the Occupational Outlook Handbook and just didn't get anything specific enough. We also looked in Dorland's Medical Dictionary and Attorney's Textbook of Medicine which have some info, but we want more. More about education and training, maybe specific duties, etc.

Just thought I'd throw this out to you guys while I'm poking around in nursing association websites...you're always so helpful!

Thanks,
Allison

Allison P. Mays
Librarian
U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims
625 Indiana Ave. NW
Washington, DC  20004
(202) 501-5861