Colleagues,

I really appreciate all the good input I've gotten and look forward to
getting more info and to talking in more detail to some of you who
emailed me.  To those who have asked if this will be made available, it
will be. I will be doing a presentation about this through FLICC later
this year.

I would also like to remind everyone that in conjunction with SLA  there
will be a special session on how to become a Federal Librarian on 13
July at the Library of Congress  - see -

http://www.loc.gov/flicc/meeting_announcements/ma_index.html

for time, place and registration info. I encourage you to sign up for
this if you are in town and are looking for help with federal
applications.

Jon Barry, the new head of OPM, has indicated very strongly that he
wants to streamline and improve the hiring process, but we don't know
how long that will take.  Until then we need to continue to help people
navigate what John Barry called the "ghastly"  federal hiring process.
So I will keep working on this project.

Carol

Carol E. Ramkey

Director, Library of the Marine Corps