May Day 2009

Yes.  To circumvent it, I insert the old heading, control it, and the
new heading will appear.

It is a problem.  I noticed for several days now.

Respectfully,

Mario Nick Klimiades
Library and Archives Director
Billie Jane Baguley Library and Archives
Heard Museum
2301 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85004-1323

voice: (602) 252-8840
fax: (602) 252-9757
email: [log in to unmask]

"What's wrong with this world?  There ain't but one word will tell you
what's wrong, and that's selfishness"--Will Rogers (1879-1935)

>>> [log in to unmask] 5/1/2009 1:45 PM >>>

Today we noticed that when we create a new NAR and then attempt to
control the heading in the bib record in OCLC, control headings is not
working.  It works correctly for already established headings in the
NAF.  Has anyone else noticed this problem?  We wanted to check before
contacting OCLC.  Thanks!!--KathleenKathleen Schweitzberger, MLS,
MPALibrarian III/Principal Catalog LibrarianNACO CoordinatorUniversity
of Missouri--Kansas CityMiller Nichols Library 3105100 Rockhill
RoadKansas City MO 64110-2499w: 816-235-2227f:
816-333-5584http://laurel.lso.missouri.edu/" Technical
Services keeps the collections vital and up to date by procuring new
library materials and organizing them for easy and convenient discovery
and delivery." -- Karen Calhoun