Control Headings in OCLC for new NARs

I noticed it too.

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Schweitzberger, Kathleen A.
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2009 15:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] Control Headings in OCLC for new NARs

Today we noticed that when we create a new NAR and then attempt to control the heading in the bib record in OCLC, control headings is not working.  It works correctly for already established headings in the NAF.  Has anyone else noticed this problem?  We wanted to check before contacting OCLC.  Thanks!!

--Kathleen

Kathleen Schweitzberger, MLS, MPA

Librarian III/Principal Catalog Librarian

NACO Coordinator

University of Missouri--Kansas City

Miller Nichols Library 310

5100 Rockhill Road

Kansas City MO 64110-2499

w: 816-235-2227

f: 816-333-5584

http://laurel.lso.missouri.edu/

" Technical Services keeps the collections vital and up to date by procuring new library materials and organizing them for easy and convenient discovery and delivery." -- Karen Calhoun