May Day 2009

Yes.  To circumvent it, I insert the old heading, control it, and the new heading will appear.

It is a problem.  I noticed for several days now.

Respectfully,

Mario Nick Klimiades
Library and Archives Director
Billie Jane Baguley Library and Archives
Heard Museum
2301 North Central Avenue
Phoenix, Arizona 85004-1323

voice: (602) 252-8840
fax: (602) 252-9757
email: [log in to unmask]

"What's wrong with this world?  There ain't but one word will tell you what's wrong, and that's selfishness"--Will Rogers (1879-1935)

>>> [log in to unmask] 5/1/2009 1:45 PM >>>

Today we noticed that when we create a new NAR and then attempt to control the heading in the bib record in OCLC, control headings is not working.  It works correctly for already established headings in the NAF.  Has anyone else noticed this problem?  We wanted to check before contacting OCLC.  Thanks!!

--Kathleen

Kathleen Schweitzberger, MLS, MPA

Librarian III/Principal Catalog Librarian

NACO Coordinator

University of Missouri--Kansas City

Miller Nichols Library 310

5100 Rockhill Road

Kansas City MO 64110-2499

w: 816-235-2227

f: 816-333-5584

http://laurel.lso.missouri.edu/

Technical Services keeps the collections vital and up to date by procuring new library materials and organizing them for easy and convenient discovery and delivery." -- Karen Calhoun