As Rob says, there is no 'official' registry for OAI metadata
identifiers, but I maintain a registry of OAI data providers which is
maintained by querying the actual OAI data providers:
http://gita.grainger.uiuc.edu/registry/.

To get an idea of the extent of the metadata madness take a look at this
report:  http://gita.grainger.uiuc.edu/registry/ListSchemas.asp

Kind regards,
Tom