We can't decide for OpenURL which identifiers they're going to use (or
SWORD, or PMH, or any other protocol).

There are other non digital library registries as well, for example:
  http://www.gdfr.info/udfr.html   (Global Digital Format Registry)

XML Schema Registries:
  http://xml.gov/registries.asp

and so forth.

So we /could/ simply use the OpenURL identifiers in SRU, but unless that
community agree to merge lists (with the issues that Tony has brought up
about different methods of registering an identifier) we'd still have
two registries with two registration methods, which seems pretty
pointless.

Rob