At 09:34 AM 2009-06-12, George Brock-Nannestad wrote:
>From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad
>

>----- point taken as regards batch processing on the reel. I was thinking of
>the peeling situation and the use of a Copeland-style "grandfather clock"
>approach to baking. Baking in a tunnel oven, so to speak. In that case,
>having the affected part outermost and at a large radius of curvature might
>make sense.

Copeland's "grandfather clock" addressed something else (Pinning in
tapes) and to the best of my knowledge it has not been successfully
used on advanced stage SSS where the binder and back coat do evil
things to each other and that respond to baking prior to unwinding.

> > As to the ethics of what is being done, I was assuming that despite
> > leader and taking splices apart that Eric is assembling a tight A-B
> > roll IN THE DIGITAL DOMAIN AS I WOULD DO (OR BACK IN THE ANALOG
> DOMAIN AS WILL POINTED OUT
>and having similar if not-identical crossfades in the final,
> > delivered file. The concept here -- and it (THE STEPS TAKEN)
> certainly needs to be CAREFULLY
> > noted --  The digital surrogate matches the original in the
> > condition originally found to the best of our ability. The
> > original was disassembled in order to obtain the best possible
> > digital copy and THE ORIGINAL RE-ASSEMBLED to facilitate re-play
> IN THE FUTURE with the ANTICIPATED needed REprocessing.
>
>----- is there a verb missing here, and in that case, what is it, and where
>is it to go? It would have an influence on the statement. And we still have
>to imagine scenarios for when anybody would want to access the "original"
>again.

I'm dropping out of this conversation as I have to go to see my Dad
who is very ill.