Emerson routinely released multiple takes.  The best way to be sure is to
listen and compare, though visual examination can reveal differences too.
I guess there could be dubs, but those I've encountered aren't.

Dick

David Seubert <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <[log in to unmask]>
06/19/2009 01:42 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
[ARSCLIST] take numbers on emerson records

I'm de-duping a stack of 9" Emerson discs and in the dead wax there is
what appears to be a matrix followed by a take number. However, there
are too many different take numbers for me to believe they are take
numbers. For example, I have one copy of #9118 with 3391-1/3397-1 and
another with 3391-2/3397-3. Are these stampers? Does anybody know how to
distinguish alternate takes on Emerson discs?

Thanks,
David

--
David Seubert, Curator