My London copy of SPC21090/I (that's the way it's printed - the
letter "eye" being used for the numeral one) matches your description
except that it has none of the earmarks of non-commercial
release.  There is no "DJ" number on the label, no promo stickers, no
"NOT FOR SALE" stickers, etc.  (The matrices actually are ZAL 11556
through 11558.)  I'm not sure how one would tell where the booklet's
printed - I see no printing location information.  And I agree, the
"Meistersinger" is very very good!

       - Tom

At 11:43 AM 6/18/2009, you wrote:
>The 90th Birthday/60th anniversary concert.The one with the
>Glazounov Concerto,the Prelude a l'apres-midi d''un faune,the Brahms
>#1,and the best damn performance/ recording of the "Meistersinger"
>prelude ever made.
>

>I believe this is probably a noncommercial set distributed to
>classical music radio stations.It is a two record London Phase 4 box
>set,SPC 21090/1.The numbers on the label have a DJ suffix. Matrix
>numbers ZAL 11555-6.The box is sort of a pale avacado green,with a
>1910s vintage oil portrait of Stokowski on the box.The records
>both  have "PROMOTION COPY NOT FOR SALE" printed on the labels.The
>records are heavier than regular Decca pressings of the time,about
>180 grams.There is a twelve page book.
>
>If you think the CD is something,you ought to hear the sumptuous Decca vinyl !
>
>I have had three copies of it.Two of them I have sold on eBay in the
>last seven years.The second one went for close to $200.00.Why that
>isn't at popsike.com,I couldn't tell you.I can't recall but I think
>I bought all of  them in the early  90s,when I went to two public
>sales of classical radio stations liquidating all their vinyl at a
>dollar a record.I got a lot including a pile of Living Presence
>promos,and the only promo label belock Everests I have ever seen.
>
>The US RCA pressings of the Phase 4s are interesting,too.
>                                           Roger

Tom Cluster
Lincoln, CA