From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello,

Steve Smolian asked whether CD-Rs or DVD-Rs had the longer lifetime. This
permits a different approach. If one really considers that one could settle
for a storage capacity of a CD, then the much larger storage capacity of the
DVD (8+ GB in two-layer) may be used for redundancy. Repeat the 700 MB over
and over again is a primitive way, but it would permit retrieval of data,
even if a radius range were splotched. More intelligent ways would probably
permit a compromise, so that perhaps would go into 2 GB safely per DVD-R.

Kind regards,

George

--who believes that even gardeners go on strike sometimes