>>Date:    Fri, 26 Jun 2009 03:52:04 +0000
From:   Rob DeLand <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Fisk Jubilee  Singers discography?

Tim Brooks  included a photo of a 1997 Fisk cylinder recording session (ph=
oto on pg.  214, courtesy of Steve Ramm) =E2=80=93 was that the ARSC recor=
ding you  mention?I wonder how many recordings there were between when Dix=
on &  Godrich left off in 1940 and the present.I got through about half th=
e Fisk  chapter on my commute home tonight.How beautifully written!Very  in=
teresting, insightful commentary all the way through.I see the three  Docu=
ment CD=E2=80=99s cover the entire output covered in D&G (through  1940) E=
XCEPT for the nine Edison cylinders from 1912.I don=E2=80=99t have a  lot =
of Fisk 78s, but I do have 16453 (individual names listed on the label)  a=
nd 16487 (individual names not listed).Which are more common, labels  with=
individuals=E2=80=99 names or those without?Another question: Tim  mentio=
ns the nine Edison cylinder recordings (pg. 200) plus two  experimental, v=
ertically cut discs.D&G includes the nine cylinders, but  doesn=E2=80=99t =
mention the discs. I don=E2=80=99t suppose anything remains  of the disc m=
asters?Mr. Seubert=E2=80=99s UCSB site includes 5 of the Fisk  cylinder ti=
tles, and it sounds like the originals must have been in relly  good shape=
.Have the other 4 titles all been located in one collection or  another?I =
meant to read the rest of the Lost Sounds chapter tonight but got  sucked =
in by the Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett coverage.How sad to  lose bot=
h of them!I always hoped Jackson would bounce back for one more  great alb=
um, I bet he had it in him.What a waste =E2=80=A6 so  sad.Thanks,Rob

**************Stay connected and tighten your budget with a great mobile
device for under $20. Take a Peek!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100122638x1222405996x1201457362/aol?redir=http://www.getpeek.com/aol)