-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rob DeLand
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:32 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Fisk Jubilee Singers discography?

Dear collective wisdom,Hello - I'm a lurker who has planned to introduce
himself for a long time, but I haven't gotten to it yet.I joined ARSC in
2007 and I'm the librarian at VanderCook College of Music in
Chicago.I've also reissued piano rolls of ragtime, blues and reproducing
piano rolls for the past 20 years.I'm trying to locate a discography of
the Fisk Jubilee Singers, particularly their earliest works. I have
skimmed over ch. 14 of Lost Sounds and I need to re-read it more
carefully.The 2nd footnote says that "Dark Midnight When I Rise: The
Story of the Fisk Jubilee Singers" by Andrew Ward is a recommended bio;
are there any better choices?It also indicates that Dixon & Godrich is
the best discography available; I'll look this up when I get home. I
don't suppose anything more is available yet?Finally, are the Document
CD's the best place to go for these early recordings? A private reply
would be fine - thank you!Rob DeLand