From: Aaron Levinson <[log in to unmask]>
> I have a copy of The Nut Cracker with Dorati and The London Symphony,
> it is a Mercury Living Presence 35mm Mag recording. They mention wider,
> thicker and faster in the notes but what were the specifics?

> Did it run faster than 30 ips?  AA

Good question.  35mm film runs at 90 feet per minute which is 18-inches
per second.  That means that it is faster than 15 IPS which was what
almost everybody was using by the late 50s, but not faster than 30 IPS.
You got them there!!  But it is wider track and thicker film base and
oxide than tape.

Mike Biel  [log in to unmask]