Once again, I've run across a record to which we added a new subject
heading that we proposed through SACO and coded the record as BIBCO, which
another library later removed the heading from the record.  I presume that
the cataloger removed this heading because it was not yet in the authority
file in OCLC and so they thought it was not valid.

It would be good if catalogers at PCC libraries could be reminded that if
a record is coded as PCC and there is a subject heading that is not found
in OCLC's authority file, there is a good likelihood that the heading has
been proposed through SACO.  They can check on that by searching the LC
Authorities website (authorities.loc.gov).  Headings submitted to SACO are
considered "pre-approved" and thus can be included on PCC records even if
the heading is not yet approved by LC PSD.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger