From my digital collections perspective, I think that the following is an exceptional example of that:
http://coins.lib.virginia.edu/

I haven't seen the site being publicized yet, but it's exceptionally well done and created completely with open-source software.  Hopefully someone involved with that project can chime in and mention more about it, but the site already has some good documentation included, such as this:
http://coins.lib.virginia.edu/documentation/uva_coins_bpguidelines.pdf

It's somewhat odd for me to see EAD used to apply structural metadata in a METS-like way (albeit without METS's inherent flexibility), but it seems to have worked well for this project (and the information could easily be crosswalked if that was ever needed).

I can't think of any other examples off the top of my head, but I'm interested in seeing what else pops up,

Mark Custer

-----Original Message-----
From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Burt Altman
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 6:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Collections with artifactual materials

Dear listserv members,

Along the lines of Megan McShea's request, I would like to see
examples of museum three-dimensional artifacts described in EAD
finding aids and linked to those descriptions, as well as how these
are encoded.

Also, do any of you have these objects described in a collection
management database, such as PastPerfect, and can these descriptions
be linked to finding aids?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Burt Altman, CA