From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ethan Gruber
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 1:30 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fwd: Collections with artifactual materials

<snip>
The site has gotten some publicity, but mainly within the UVA community, although there are now two papers about it.  One was published in the proceedings of IS&T's Archiving conference last summer.  Another paper is due to be published shortly as part of the proceedings for the Computer Applications and Quantitative Methods in Archaeology (CAA) conference that took place in March.  This paper, which I can forward to anyone that is interested, describes my use of EAD for the coin collection and its broader potential for describing museum objects, including the integration of Solr as a powerful tool for faceted search to make a very robust and useful site
</snip>