Barbara and everyone,

The Rodgers and Hammerstein Archives of Recorded Sound at the New York Public Library has also prepared finding aids that describe sound recordings; see http://www.nypl.org/research/lpa/rha/collect.cfm   UCLA Performing Arts and Special Collections also has examples you might check, such as http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt4r29q7sc

By the way, a subcommittee of the Association for Recorded Sound Collections (ARSC) Cataloging Committee is working on content guidelines for applying DACS to archival sound recordings. I believe there is also an (American Moving Image Association) AMIA group working on a similar project for moving image materials. Both projects are being undertaken with the knowledge of the DACS Working Group. The recorded sound project won't address EAD tagging specifically, but it will provide guidance on devising titles for unpublished sound recordings as well as formulating physical descriptions and various notes. We're in the early stages of the project, but we will seek feedback and ideas as we proceed.

If you'd like more information, contact me at [log in to unmask] (I'm chairing the subcommittee).

Many thanks.

Marsha Maguire
Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division
Library of Congress
Packard Campus
19053 Mount Pony Rd.
Culpeper, VA 22701--7551
202-707-8465

My opinions are my own and not necessarily those of the Library of Congress.