From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Megan McShea
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 11:05 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Collections with AV materials - thanks and a question

Thanks so much to everyone who provided examples of EAD description of
audiovisual materials.

Looking through the examples you've shared, a question occurs to me.  I
notice that many of the descriptions take the form of an item-level
inventory. For those who take that approach, is your EAD descriptive content
somehow integrated with another system for describing items?

Here at AAA, we have a system for handling item-level description that
mostly at this point functions independently of our EAD description.  I
think our approach is not uncommon.

I'm not a programmer, but it seems like an opportunity for integration of
data and workflow.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Best,
Megan