From: "Karen Weaver" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 1:53:13 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: [eduCAT] RDA Implementation Task Force preconference and program at ALA 2009, Chicago

I have to check the registration on the Friday event,  I know I had also
seen the fees for the Metadata workshop, which are *considerably pricey
IMHO.*  / best Karen W
Thursday, July 9th - Friday, July 10th *Metadata Standards and Applications:
A "Cataloging for the 21st Century" Workshop*

This two-day preconference explores metadata standards and applications for
bibliographic control in the 21st century. The goal is to relate what
participants already know about library catalog metadata to digital library
metadata, preparing them to apply current knowledge to new areas. Not
primarily a “hands on” workshop for learning how to create metadata,
exercises are included, providing a solid foundation in current metadata
concepts, standards and issues for digital libraries. *Speakers:* Steven
Miller,  University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee; Jennifer Lang, Princeton
University Library.

Registration is open.  Sign-up for these exciting pre-conferences through
the 2009 ALA Annual Conference registration web site at:
http://www.ala.org/ala/conferencesevents/upcoming/annual/2009/registration.cfm

*One day registration fees:  *$199 ALCTS Members; $249 ALA Members; $289
Non-members; $99 Full-time Library School Students.

Metadata Standards two day registration fees: $339 ALCTS Members; $389 ALA
Members; $439 Non-members; $150 Full-time Library School Students.

For more information, contact Julie Reese, ALCTS Education & Meetings,

ALCTS is a division of the American Library Association