Please join Ted Tyson of RefWorks-COS, a ProQuest service, on Wednesday, July 8th for a presentation of RefWorks, the web-based reference management system, and RefAware, the web-based, personalized, current awareness service.
This will be offered live onsite at the FLICC/FEDLINK Training Room at the Library of Congress Adams Building, 2nd Floor Room 216, 2nd & Independence Ave., SE, Washington, DC, as well as via Webinar for those of you outside of the Washington, DC area.
Times are 9:30am - 11:30am EDT with a repeat at 1:30pm - 3:30pm EDT.
The sessions will cover all the basics - creating a RefWorks account, importing data, organizing your database and generating a bibliography. In addition, we will go over all the basic features of RefAware. It will be perfect for those interested in learning more about RefWorks and RefAware, new users, or even existing users who would like a refresher.
RefWorks, which operates in harmony with ProQuest, CSA and Dialog tools, is used by a number of government agencies and labs.
RefWorks - is a web-based citation management system that helps researchers manage all forms of research information, share it with collaborators near or far, properly format citations when writing papers, and generate bibliographies in a variety of styles. RefWorks allows users to:
· Create a personal research database; manage all types of information
· Work in collaboration with users and as well as non-users
· Access their information from any computer
· Receive updates and upgrades without ever needing to install anything on their desktops
· Develop institutional repositories in a fast and simple manner
· Generate properly formatted bibliographies in seconds in over 1,400 output styles
RefAware - is a web-based current awareness service covering over 9,100 peer-reviewed journals and other non-refereed sources of information. RefAware provides an up-to-the minute picture of today's global research allowing users to:
· Learn about important information relevant to their current work or any field of interest
· Keep tabs on peers and competitors
· Discover new scholars working in their fields
· Learn more about authors by linking to concise profiles from COS Scholar Universe
Director, US Government Sales
Tel +1 571 438 0264
Fax +1 443 782 0354
See you July 8th,
See you July 8th,