Library Associates Companies (LAC) LAC seeks candidates for
the position of Project Archivist / Cataloger
to work on site at an ongoing project in
This is a list of primary responsibilities and is not intended to be all-inclusive:
• Analyze the level and quality of existing MARC records for archival materials.
• Review and assess finding aids and other access tools for all processed collections.
• Work in conjunction with the client to develop a workable cataloging timetable and priorities.
• Create original MARC records in OCLC and Voyager to full level for the description of archival materials ensuring the compliance of data with EAD data fields and crosswalks.
• Provide the client with EAD crosswalks and an implementation proposal.
• Potentially create more detailed finding aids for processed archival in collections with minimal finding aids.
• Oversee the archival processing tasks associated both with the Katrina Recovery Project and with the cataloging of collections.
• Keep the Project Manager informed of all issues relating to the archives piece of the project.
• Participate in the management and oversight of elements of the Katrina Recovery Project.
• Supervise Archival Cataloging Technician and other archival project staff.
• Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) from an ALA-accredited program.
• Demonstrated knowledge of current trends, standards, and practices of archival services in academic libraries.
• Original and copy cataloging of archival materials mandatory.
• Experience working with MARC bibliographic and holdings records mandatory
• Strong knowledge of Encoded Archival Descriptions (EAD) mandatory.
• Experience with physical processing of archives or access provision mandatory.
• Experience working in Integrated Library Systems, with a strong preference for Voyager.
• Understanding of Document Type Definitions (DTD).
• Ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven production environment with changing priorities.
• Supervisory experience.
• Experience creating EAD cross-walks strongly preferred.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Knowledge of ISO/NISO, metadata, and W3C standards.
• Two years professional experience in archives at an institution of higher education.
• For immediate consideration please email resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Recruiter at [log in to unmask].
• Please use “Project Archivist / Cataloger #1263” as the subject line of your email.
Library Associates Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that values diversity in the workforce.
Communications & Projects Associate
Library Associates Companies / LAC
800.987.6794 toll free
LAC on Facebook
LAC on LinkedIn
Patty on Facebook