From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joyce Chapman
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:13 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: NCSU implements XTF and new display

North Carolina State University has recently implemented XTF and a redesigned EAD Web display. The new application allows for full-text search, hit counts, faceted browsing, rss feeds to alert users to collection changes, an online bookbag, and an advanced search with options such as digital content only and keyword proximity. The advanced search also offers options for limited the search to certain portions of the EAD. The new display presents finding aids in a tabbed display.

Please have a look at the new search and finding aid display: http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/findingaids/search?browse-all=yes

Comments, suggestions, and identification of bugs are welcome!

A article about the new display can be found here:
http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/news/libraries.php?p=8791&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

--
Joyce Chapman
NCSU Libraries Fellow