documentation :)  I also pushed the Koha w/ Class movement because I
went to library school and learned to catalog using Excel!!!

Some ideas.

#1 - Have your students put a 500 note with their name in their
records - or pick a 9xx field for that so that you can see who did
what.
#2 - Have your students catalog their records and then export them to
send to you to review (instead of you searching through 5 different
databases)
#3 - Disable the Z30.50 targets so that students aren't searching for
records to copy :)
#4 - The system will allow duplicate records!! It will warn before
saving a duplicate (based on ISBN) but it will allow you to save the
record as a new one anyway (which is where the notes come in)
#5 - Give each student their own log in and run a report to pull
records that they cataloged (if you don't want to do the notes field)

All that said, there is no way to stop students from seeing what the
other students are doing :(

Another option is to look at biblios.net which would prevent students
from seeing each other's work - but wouldn't allow you to control
whether they use the Z39.50 targets or not.

Does that help??

---

Nicole C. Engard
Open Source Evangelist, LibLime