http://www.infotoday.com/cil2010

Computers in Libraries - Collecting Proposals for the 25th Annual Conference

We are currently accepting presentations for the 25th annual Computers in Libraries conference, which will again be held in Arlington, Va., April 12-14, 2010.

https://secure.infotoday.com/cilspeakers/SpeakerSubmissions.asp

Submit your speaking proposal today!

The deadline for submissions is Sept. 15, so act now!

This year's conference theme is Information Fluency: Literacy for Life.

Information fluency goes beyond literacy (the ability to read and write), information literacy (the ability to find, evaluate and use information), media literacy (the ability to access, analyze, evaluate, and create messages in a variety of forms), and digital literacy (the ability to use digital technology, communication tools or networks to locate, evaluate, use and create information). It extends to other types of literacy necessary to grow, learn and live – cultural literacy, global literacy, news literacy, scientific literacy, economic literacy, social literacy, health literacy, multimedia literacy, computer literacy, social online literacy, and more. Information, and fluency with it, permeates every part of our lives. Developing skills to become fluent with information is the key to our success individually as well as in groups, teams and communities.

Click the 'Call for Speakers' page (http://www.infotoday.com/cil2010/CallForSpeakers.asp) or he attached PDF file for a list of possible topics (although don't feel restricted, BE CREATIVE!)

Submit your presentation today!

https://secure.infotoday.com/cilspeakers/SpeakerSubmissions.asp

- James

James King, MLS

Computers in Libraries
2010 Organizing/Review Committee Member

Information Architect
National Institutes of Health Library
(301) 496-2187

"Resolved: To live with all my might while I do live, and as I will wish I had lived ten thousand years from now." Jonathan Edwards

 Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

James King, MLS