FEDLINK has negotiated this special end of Fiscal Year "09 deal for FEDLINK members from vendor SafaribooksOnline, "SF".
Special Offer for New Safari Premium Library Customers:
Get a Free Month's Service with Paid Subscription!
· New orders (or add-on subscriptions) of 30 or more users of Safari's Premium Library
· FEDLINK Preferred Pricing
· Sole Source Provider
· Get 1 month Free Service with annual subscription
· Expires Sept 30, 2009
Safari Books Online is an on-demand digital library that provides a critical path to streamline processes and gain cost savings and is an invaluable resource for enhancing technical knowledge and training and improving decision-making. http://tinyurl.com/q2x42r
Safari enables IT and business professions to find answers to their questions in a matter of seconds, saving the time necessary to research printed material or performing internet searches.
The Premium Library includes provides over 9,400 technical and business titles, plus Rough Cuts, Short Cuts, instructional video, and PDF download. More than just books, the collection in the Premium Library enables your employees to solve problems, perform research, and develop skills using multiple media formats, like:
- Rough Cuts - Unique to Safari, Rough Cuts gives you access to books as they are being written - a sneak peek into the authoring process. Typically available two to six months prior to a book's publication, Rough Cuts are continually updated, and readers get access to new versions as the author and technical reviews progress.
- Video - Safari includes a comprehensive collection of online videos that provide instruction on web design, software development, and graphics tools and techniques. Your staff will benefit from top notch technical and design courses from the leading video training experts as well as other instructional video offerings from our participating publishers. Safari gives you full access to technical and design courses from the leading video training experts as well as other instructional video offerings from our participating publishers. This comprehensive collection of online training videos provides high-quality instruction on web design, software development, and graphics tools and techniques.
- The videos titles include training videos for software such as Acrobat, SharePoint, Illustrator, Photoshop, Mac OS X, Dreamweaver, Flash, Windows XP, and Microsoft Office. You can learn an entire application from start to finish, or skip to a specific topic.
- Short Cuts - Short form tutorials on emerging technologies, Short Cuts provide concise thorough coverage of a specific topic, usually in fewer than 100 pages and are well-suited for a more dynamic authoring model. Like our books, Short Cuts are editorially vetted and held to high publisher standards.
- Articles - Safari contains a collection of thousands of technical articles published by highly regarded and trusted sources. Articles in Safari offer targeted treatments of technology topics that complement our existing library of books. All articles are written by industry experts and are presented via trusted sources.
- We have correlated our vast collection of technical articles with all the other content in Safari, so when you're searching on a topic or reading a book, you are also just a few clicks away from the latest technical articles on the topic.
- Downloads - When your staff needs offline access to technical information, Safari supports downloading of our content.
- SOM Links - SOM enables us to deliver related sections with higher quality results than traditional query-based approaches allow. Safari has identified sections in other books that relate directly to the selection in view using Self-Organizing Maps (SOM), a type of neural network algorithm.
Director, Government Sales
Safari Books Online
[log in to unmask]
910-233-2435 - Phone
910-222-3081 - Fax
James W. Oliver
FEDLINK Vendor Services Coordinator
Library of Congress
Washington, DC 20540-4935
[log in to unmask]