A colleague recently brought to my attention a project that clearly demonstrates the value (and fun!) of being able to visually prowl through organizations' predecessor and successor relationships, as well as other kinds of relationships: Mitchell Whitelaw's "The Visible Archive."  See here http://vimeo.com/6694353 for a narrated demo of his "Series Browser."  About 2 minutes in is the bit on org relationships.  More info, including his equally-intriguing A1 Explorer, is here http://visiblearchive.blogspot.com/ .  I don't know whether or not the project uses EAC, but EAC-encoded records, because they can include relationships, definitely would provide the raw data necessary to do some, if not all, of what he's doing.

Michele

(be green - don't print this email!)
Michele Combs
Manuscripts Librarian