That's a really, really old site.  Those stylesheets are probably from the late 1990's, long before I started working at UVA.  We've got an updated XTF application, but it isn't in production yet.  Soon though!

The <dsc> in the soon-to-be-finished XTF framework for displaying Virginia Heritage Project EAD documents will render very similarly to the <dsc> in the Northwest Digital Archives finding aids collection, if you are familiar with that, having written those stylesheets.

Ethan