Dear Sir/Madam:

I am a graduate student at Southern Connecticut State University. As part
of my Master of Library Science (MLS) degree requirements, I am
researching "Long-term Preservation of Digital Materials Using the PREMIS
Schema: A Best Practices Survey Report.

I am looking for digital repositories that have implemented the PREMIS
data model to participate in a short survey.  This survey will be used to
complete a research study to investigate best practices by digital
repositories using PREMIS. The results of this study could aid in the
improvement of PREMIS usability and shed light on best practices related
to the successful preservation of digital information for future use.

If you would like to help me with this endeavor, please access the PREMIS
Survey online at
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=PN2wwO3Hcr2_2b5iBjc_2fq7_2bw_3d_3d
and answer the questions included within the next week.  Please know that
no repository names will be published in the finished product. All data
collected will be kept in a secure and locked place for three years. If
you would like a copy of the final report, please let me know and I will e-
mail a copy to you as soon as it is complete.  If you have any questions
or concerns, please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

Participation is entirely voluntary. This research has been reviewed under
the Human Research Protection Program, Institutional Review Board at
Southern Connecticut State University (Protocol 09-106). Completion of the
survey indicates your permission for your responses to be included as data
in the survey.

Sincerely,

Concetta Chiarolanza			  Dr. Mary E. Brown
Information and Library Science Student	  Southern CT State University
Southern CT State University		  [log in to unmask]
[log in to unmask]		  1-203-392-5772