Dear listers,

Apologies if I have double posted this message.

I am currently hoping to establish a consortium of like minded people and
professionals
who can help preserve over 100,000 hours of musical recordings of indigenous
australian aboriginal music and oral song.  Without Federal funding, the
recordings, currently on magentic tape, will deteriorate, taking with them
the only known extant record of ancient traditions and heritage.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/10/27/2725131.htm

Anyone who feels able to contribute either in the way of lobbying,
petitioning, or through volunteering their expertise, please indicate your
interest by replying to to this message.  I am then hoping to establish an
online campaign to further the cause of preserving this essential cultural
archive.

kind regards
Maria Fletcher