Maria,

I have been working with archives under similar, timely constraints with
audio/ visual  collections. Some with funding, some without. What is the
likelyhood of renewing digitization funding from the Australian Government
to continue after 2011? I can see on the AIATSIS that there is over 45,000
hours of recorded sound. Is it likely to state that nearly half of the audio
/visual collection is recorded sound-on magnetic tape? Also, what ratio of
material been transferred out of that figure?

My efforts have been focused on culturally significant audio collections and
would be interested in helping in these efforts.

Very best,
Victoria Keddie

Media Archivist

--