At Fri, 2 Oct 2009 13:28:30 -0700,
Eric Jacobs wrote:

> On Friday, October 02, 2009 12:59 PM, Brandon Burke wrote:
> >
> > Just stumbled across this online. Never seen such a thing before:
> > http://www.furutech.com/a2008/product2.asp?prodNo=263
> >

> > Thoughts? Has anyone used on of these before?
>
> I've not seen the Furutech in the flesh, but I have
> and use the Airtight Disc Flatter:
>
> http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue29/flatter.htm
>
> which looks to be the same thing in principle.

I don't have my own "flatter", but some friends of mine
bought DT-01 Orb Disc Flatter and they said it worked
very fine on most of their LP records.

Here is a link to the Japanese site (original?):

  http://www.orb.co.jp/audio/df01.html

Note that its price is 81,900 JPY (about 910 USD?).

I also noticed just now that there is also a better version
which can safely flattens old "flat discs" (w/o groove guards):

  http://www.orb.co.jp/audio/df02.html

The price is bit higher, 126,000 JPY.

Kohji

--
 MATSUBAYASHI, 'Shaolin' Kohji                  [log in to unmask]
                                                 http://microgroove.jp/

 GPG Fingerprint: 981C 4171 3044 DC45 6024  EA00 A413 F44D 8FB7 5B97