 From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello,

from observation of a box of SEEBURG '1000' BACKGROUND MUSIC replacement
records in my possession I can report the following:

On the edge of the box it says: "Place in use December 26, 1968. If seal is
broken, this package contains used records"

The seal is broken, and several dates are represented on the used records,
which is good for observation.

The instructions say:

"                            INSTRUCTIONS

1. These seven records replace seven similarly-numbered records in a Mood
library.

2. Quarterly replacements must be executed in all libraries.

3. Remove 28 records from mechanism; place on clean surface. DO NOT TOUCH
RECORD GROOVES.

4. Extract seven old records (similarly-numbered) and replace with these
seven Quarterly Replacement Records.

5. Place seven old recors in this carton and mark carton "USED RECORDS" [mine
is not marked!]

6. Re-stack 28 records on mechanism in proper numerical order (101-128) with
all "A" sides facing downward, bottom record should be 101-A.

7. Dealer returns all "USED RECORDS" to his distributor: Distributor returns
them, together with his own, to Seeburg Music Library, Inc. Used Records may
be returned in bulk (without sleeves, etc.)--They will never be re-issued."

NOTE CAREFULLY:

Distributor must return to Seeburg Music Libary, Inc. the exact number of
"USED RECORDS" as he has received "Quarterly Replacements" within 30 days. It
is his responsibility to get them back promptly from his dealer.

For each such "USED RECORD" not returned within 30 days, distributor's
monthly music fee will be increased by twenty-four cents (.24).

[alas, think of the monthly accumulation for 40 years on the seven records I
have]

The records themselves are composed the following way:

Outer diameter 8 inches, hole 2 inches.

6 of the 7 records say BASIC and have an orange label

2 of these say "place in use 4-1-65" "Decca Custom Productions"

2 say "place in use 12-26-66" "RCA Custom Records"

2 say "place in use 4-1-68" "RCA Custom Records"

The last record says INDUSTRIAL and has a wine-red label
it says "place in use 4-1-67" "RCA Custom Records"

I obtained this packet from the remains of a jukebox repair shop in
Copenhagen, given to me by the last man standing. By the way, Denmark had its
own production and export of jukeboxes, and they have been well documented in
Danish.

I hope to have added to the accumulated and "published" knowledge.

Kind regards,

George