 From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello, again

RA Friedman asked

> Instruments with the horn at about 9-10 o'clock were from the acoustic
> age.
> This one that is for sale seems like an updated idea; not authentic.
> Correct?

----- I couldn't say, what I say is that that is not the type used for
recording. Perhaps there are acoustic recordings of this "folk" instrument.

Karlheinz Stockhausen (if I remember correctly, could have been another icon)
wrote a piece for Deutsche Grammophon in 1998 (which they purport is their
centenary, whereas 1906 is more like the true date), and had some special
instruments having a full violin body and "trumpets" coming through the
sides. The instruments feature on an LP and the instruments are probably
still exhibited in the Emile Berliner recording studios and transfer rooms.
These instruments are completely ineffective, but they are obviously
authentic--for 1998.

Kind regards,

George