http://home.comcast.net/~gullcity/elsiehouston/Houston.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Malcolm Smith
Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2009 11:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Elsie Houston

What most of us are familiar with of this truly wonderful unique
singer is an RCA LP issued in the fifties. The LP had Houston on one
side and other material on the other side. At a meeting of the NY
Gramaphone society, her accompanist gave a program at which he played
the test pressings of the recordings that RCA didn't put on the LP.
If they had, they would have filled the second side. I wondered at
the time why they were not published. I also have one of the 78s put
out by Liberty Music Store. It's quite different and quite wonderful.
I wish I had the rest of them. It's my understanding that she
committed suicide at about that time. Perhaps someone has more
information. A very sad loss.

Malcolm Smith