----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Long" <[log in to unmask]>
> In a message dated 10/7/2009 12:02:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>> There was a label in the 50s called Audiophile which produced red vinyl
>> microgroove 78s
> I have a number of these and they sound very good.  For what was issued,
> including recording dates, check out:
> http://home.flash.net/~bobgh/nunncat.htm
> Also, a contemporary UK group, Kitty Daisy and Lewis, issued in 2008 a
> 10-inch vinyl microgroove 78-rpm album (in addition to LP and CD
> releases):

Any number of present-day artists/bands have released so-called "78's"
(10" microgroove recordings cut at 78 rpm!). I have no idea why, since
devices capable of PLAYING 78rpm phonorecords are essentially NOT
easily available! R. Crumb, the noted cartoonist, did have logical reasons
for his 78's...he was a serious collector of 78rpm phonorecords!

Since I do lead a blues band, I hope to someday find an operation that
could press a SHELLAC 78rpm phonorecord...?! Vinyl "78's" just
don't do it for me...?!

Steven C. Barr