   Lou,

   It never ends,  beauty is in the eyes and ears of the beholder.

   Being in an audio group, we have members that have $4k power cords
feeding gear worth not much more than that. Their house is probably
wired with 14-2 or 12-2 romex connected to a cheap Bryant service
panel fed with Aluminum wire from a transformer also feeding 8
neighbors with noisy refrigerators and furnace fans.  When a response
is requested on the sound of the cable I just say my ears aren't as
good as theirs as I reach for another beer:-) their  beer!

     FWIW, I use a vacuum table so warped records don't present a
problem. My music room has a dedicated 200 amp Square D QO load
center panel fed with copper wire from a dedicated transformer Va
Power placed on my property because I suck so much electricity!  I'm
trying to catch up to Al Gore:-) All my gear that can run on 220
volts is connected via separate dedicated outlets with 10 - 2  copper
wiring and twist lock receptacles.   I choose to spend my money on
good gear connected with balanced interconnects so I can spend what's
left on program material that makes me smile.

   Whew!!  Ken Fritz