----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <[log in to unmask]>
> Vetting the information you get from over the transum would be a full-time
> job, that's for sure. I don't think a user-update-able wiki would work for
> this at all, BUT a website with an easy FTP link would be great. People
> out there could easily upload scans of catalogs or record labels or lists
> they've compiled. You'd need a web host that virus-scans everything as it
> comes in. And figure there would be a portion of incoming that is
> inappropriate, nasty or filthy. And a large portion that's just plain
> false and/or useless. That's the "internets" (as a former president calls
> it), unfortunately.

Visiy Ty Settlemeir's (sp?) "On-line discography!" He converted the "Abrams
Files" to
HTML, and put the results on a web site! Collectors can look at these, and
augment
and/or correct the data therein...the eventual result SHOULD be (in theory)
an accurate
listing of virtually EVERY 78 ever issued...?!

Steven C. Barr