YOUR ARCHIVE DESERVES ADVOCACY !  (YADA!)

In support of UNESCO World Day for Audiovisual Heritage (October 27, 2009)
and American Archives Month, and in celebration of the work being performed
by archivists worldwide, AudioVisual Preservation Solutions (AVPS)requests
your participation in a project designed to garner support for audiovisual
archive preservation planning and project implementation from influencers,
policy makers and funding organizations.

As consultants and advocates working with audiovisual archives, we
contribute to and witness preservation success stories on a daily basis. We
understand that those successes were built on sustained long term efforts
and collaboration with other internal/external stakeholders, and through
community information exchange. Our celebration of these successes can lead
to the kind of funding support all archives need in reaching their goals.
We are asking you for your favorite audiovisual preservation experience at
your archive.  These stories will provide encouragement to other archivists
by showing what can be achieved in similar circumstances.

These stories will be published on our website, and some will be selected
for use in our ongoing efforts to inform private and public funding decision
makers, both of what is being achieved, and what can be achieved with their
support.

Our first inclusion is dedicated in support of the spirit underlying UNESCO
World Day for Audiovisual Heritage and American Archives Month, and will
profile the ongoing story of "The Jazz Loft Project",
www.jazzloftproject.org/index.php ,an excellent example of how a person or
organization convinced of the cultural value of previously inaccessible
audiovisual content was able to garner the support necessary to both make
unique materials accessible, and to preserve them for posterity.

Because all archives deserve advocacy, your story deserves to be told.

Please contact AudioVisual Preservation Solutions at www.avpreserve.com/you
, or send us an e-mail at [log in to unmask] , or call us at 347-241-2920
to leave contact information. We will follow up with guidance on telling
your story. Please Support the preservation projects of the archive
community overall by getting your story told.

We will provide periodic updates on subsequent phases of this project as it
progresses, and a blog will be posted on our website on Wednesday, October
27th in celebration of UNESCO World day for Audiovisual Heritage.

Thank you for your participation, and we wish you success on all of your
preservation projects.

Kevin O'Neill

AudioVisual Preservation Solutions

350 Seventh Avenue