----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Willens" <[log in to unmask]>
> As Michael mentioned, David at Hensteeth.com has a tremendous amount of
> information on party records (he hasn't really been able to add to his
> site for a while. I hope he's back up and running now). I too have
> amassed a large collection of these discs, and have contributed to his
> website. It's been a rather bizarre, sometimes frustrating journey
> collecting these records. I'm not very familiar with the recordings you
> describe, but some basics about party records might interest some people
> here.

I might note that I also own a lot of "party records" (I own a lot of most
sorts of 78's except classical...?!). I actually rearranged on of them for
my blues band! My party record has only "Garbage Man" on its label
(DD's site says it is the "Four Aces"...an r&b group, NOT the better-
known white vocal group of the same name!) The record is based on
the "stick out your can, here comes the garbage man" chorus heard
on Luis Russell,s "Call Of the Freaks"...it was first done as a song by
western swing artists as "Garbage Man Blues." My party record adds
some risque choruses, which I also include on my CD-issued version!"

Steven C. Barr