 From: Patent Tactics, George Brock-Nannestad

Hello,

Dan Nelson wrote:

> The Seeburg discs were 16rpm 9" dia discs with 2" center holes and .5 mil
> groove.
> Each library of different music styles consisted of 1000 selections on 28
> discs. Each quarter 7 of the discs were up dated. Over a years time all 28
> discs were replaced with another 1000 selection library.
> I have done an extensive study into Seeburg music and its a story into itself.

----- this is great and also great that my error in not taking care when
measuring the outer diameter has now been corrected. And you say that they
are 16 rpm, that is not 16 2/3? This obviously has a great influence on the
playing time. And about a semitone in pitch.

It would be very interesting to read the result of your study. It would
probably be very different from a study of jukeboxes, because they were
intended for a consumer format. Here we rather have a complete system,
including the programming. Were Seeburg earlier than Muzak? The only similar
thing I have is "Music While You Work" (on 78s), which I only know from the
UK.

So, something good came out of false information from myself and others.

Kind regards,

George