http://www.angelfire.com/nc3/talkingmachines/fibreneedle.html

--- On Sat, 10/24/09, John Eberle <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: John Eberle <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Sharpening bamboo needles
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Saturday, October 24, 2009, 10:59 PM

Micheal Ridderbusch asked about sharpening bamboo needles . There
were several tools made for this pupose which held the needle at the
proper angle while a mini guillotine removed a small amount of material
from the worn end and thereby created a new tip of the proper size .

A hobby knife will not be good for this purpose unless one  constructs
a holding fixture for the needle and has some type of guide for  the blade .

I have had my sharpener for 40 + years , they probably show  up on ebay
from time to time .

If anyone wishes to see a jpg of my  sharpener , I will be glad to email
one to you off list .

John  Eberle
AMERICANA CD MASTERING
313 EAST COLLEGE STREET SUITE 3A